Chen build guide
Have you seen “Kung Fu Panda”? The whole point of the panda being the fearless warrior was adopted by Blizzard, and they made a hero who isn’t much of a Kung Fu type, but rather… a brewmaster. This is Chen build guide, let’s crack open a cold one, shall we?
There’s no arguing that Heroes of the Storm lack Warriors, but still, it doesn’t mean that those who are present aren’t good. Take our buddy Chen as an example. He’ll wander the map, chugging his drink and beating the living hell out of everyone he meets. Actually, when I put it that way, he sounds like an Irish! (No offense Irish people, love you all!)
“Home brew is the best brew, because you can drink it right away!”Chen Stormstout, the Legendary Brewmaster
- Due to Fortifying Brew which can soak a lot of damage, is very tough to kill
- Very potent laner
- High mobility thanks to Flying Kick
- Can split and punish the enemy team with his Wandering Keg
- Amazing diversity concerning talent choice
- His Heroic ability Storm, Earth, Fire can be used both offensively and defensively
- Not very beginner-friendly
- His playstyle can be predicted
- Susceptible to kiting in the early stage of the game
If you think that Mists of Pandaria is the best expansion pack for World of WarCraft, then Chen is an excellent hero for you. Here are some tips to help you out.
- There is a matter of ability rotation for every hero. Chen is great for learning this, so you should go something like this:
Flying Kick [Q] -> Keg Smash [W] -> Breath of Fire [E] -> Fortifying Brew [D]
- In case that you are pushed behind enemy lines, say with Stitches’ Gorge, use your Flying Kick on the tower to get back. Yup, it works on structures as well. However, you have to do this fast.
- In case that you are chasing the enemy hero, or you are being chased, Keg Smash is great ability to use. It slows the opposing hero, which is more than welcome in these situations.
- Your Heroic ability Storm, Earth, Fire won’t deal a massive amount of damage, but it offers utility and boosts instead. However, keep in mind that if all three spirits are killed, Chen will also die.
- There are two types of enemies you need to look after. Those who pack a lot of health and stuns such as Muradin and Johanna will prevent you from gaining advantage from Fortifying Brew. Other kind includes Varian who is famous for his superb dealing with shielded heroes.