Gall build guide
As promised, here’s the other half of two-part guide for the most interesting hero in Heroes of the Storm. If you love to practice your aim and to be carried around, this role will be perfect for you. This is Gall build guide, which continues where Cho stopped.
Although Cho controls the movement of the hero, Gall isn’t useless. On the contrary. If you ever met a two-headed Ogre in World of Warcraft, you know that it can hit like a truck. Thus, Gall is an Assassin which can deal tons of damage, if used correctly.
“Eternal we are!”Gall, the Twilight's Hammer Chieftain
- Huge health pool
- Good in 1-on-1 situations
- Abilities don’t need mana
- Amazing in clearing waves of minions
- Permanently bonded to Cho, which eases the coordination
- Relies heavily on skillshots
- Doesn’t bring much to the table beside pure damage
- Cho’gall counts as two kills
- Physically, there will be four heroes
- Unless chosen last can be countered during drafts
- Highly dependent on Heroic abilities
Let me be clear. This hero is not for anyone. It requires nerves of steel and good anticipation. Therefore, here are some tips and tricks on how to be the best possible.
- As I said in previous part of this guide, if you want to play Cho’gall, you will need assistance. Whichever method you choose, Skype, Voice Chat from Heroes of the Storm, or my personal favorite, TeamSpeak, you need VOICE communication. It is far the most effective and fastest way to coordinate.
- One of the most useful abilities for dealing damage is Shadowflame. It doesn’t have channeling nor other forms of preparation, so it is highly recommended to use it whenever available.
- I’ve mentioned in Cho guide, coordination is vital. Thus, Cho will throw his Rune Bomb, but it is Gall’s part to detonate it with his Runic Blast. If you don’t do this correctly, you’ll miss good opportunity to damage the opposing team.
- In case that you are pursuing the enemy, try combining your Twisting Nether with Cho’s Upheaval. It will slow the enemy, and make your damage output higher through combined Cho’gall’s attacks.
- Few things are more frustrating than aim your Shadow Blot Volley to the opposing low-health Nova, and suddenly Cho decides to go chasing Muradin instead. Remember, COORDINATION!