Gul’dan build guide
They say that you should always aim for the stars. Well, our hero for today comes from WarCraft Universe, and he doesn’t come to that. The stars are too miserable for him; he aims for the center of the galaxy! This is Gul’dan build guide.
Although Assassins are the biggest group in Heroes of the Storm, our orcish Warlock packs some interesting surprises. By using unique game mechanics, he can be challenging to play, but still, this makes the victory even sweeter, doesn’t it?
“An eternity of darkness awaits those who challenge me.”Gul'dan, Darkness Incarnate
- Great sustain mechanics
- Good at clearing waves
- Can deal high damage to multiple targets
- Does the outstanding job of splitting the opposing team
- Lacks gap-closing abilities
- Health and mana depend on one another; constant monitoring is needed
- Susceptible to crowd control
- Drain Life can be interrupted if the target breaks the bond
- Positioning must be superb
To be as good as possible, you will need some directions, won’t you? I got you covered, don’t you worry a thing, and here are some tips on how to play Gul’dan.
- Since our Warlock here won’t regenerate mana in time, you have to obtain it through Life Tap. Although this seems tempting, don’t overdo it. You can always add more mana, but there are no guarantees that you will manage to heal.
- Speaking of healing, since you will rely on Drain Life a lot, ask your teammates for assistance. This means that any form of hard crowd control such as stuns, roots or other is more than welcome, to make your ability more effective.
- In case that you need to clear wave of minions fast, or to deal high damage to the opposing hero, Fel Flame is your tool of the trade. It has a low cooldown and can be used rather often.
- Both of your Heroic abilities require good aim and positioning. Therefore, when casting Horrify, aim the center of the circle between your primary target and the rest of the team. On the other hand, if you decided on more damage, before casting Rain of Destruction, see that you are hidden behind a wall, or that your teammates are covering you. You don’t want this ability to be interrupted, trust me.
- Because of your lack of gap closers, watch out for Assassins which excel in this field. Illidan and Kerrigan are such heroes, so be careful.