Hanzo build guide – The dragon awakens
Few heroes can represent the spirit of the ancient times like Hanzo. If you ever watched any samurai-based movie or anime, you know how they think and act. Our archer is one such. Honorable, dangerous and burdened with grief. And the best cure for that is to make pincushions out of your enemies, of course!
Our ranged assassin comes from the world of Overwatch, and luckily, he brought his bow with him. Sporting amazing long-ranged abilities, he has to keep his distance, to deserve the title of the most handsome archer in Heroes of the Storm (or at least the one which is picked the most). This Hanzo build guide will help you to use him most effectively.
They say that perfect is the enemy of good. So, I guess I’m a villain, after all. Hahaha!Hanzo Shimada
- Strong poke at very long range
- Potent wave clearer
- Escape ability has low cooldown, so it can be difficult to catch him
- Heroic abilities have excellent sync with the rest of the team
- Once you choose talent at level 1, there is a strict line you have to follow
- Without talents, his basic set of skills is pretty weak
- He doesn’t have self-sustaining abilities
- Not so good in clearing waves until level 4
Shooting an arrow is easy. Hitting something is an entirely different story. Here are some guidelines on how to play Hanzo.
- Natural Agility can be used to reduce or increase the distance between you and the opposing hero.
- Storm Bow is best used when fired from the area which is unseen to the enemy hero since it will reduce time window for him to act and eventually evade it.
- Scatter Arrow can deal significant damage if fired in tight space. Use it also as a tool to prevent the enemy hero from using the Hearthstone, or to dismount them.
- Whenever it is possible, see to draw Storm Bow to the max. This will increase the range and the damage of this ability.
- Heroes such as Zeratul are deadly to Hanzo, check bushes and dark areas with Sonic Arrow as soon as you see that enemy is missing on the map.
- Whenever teammates go with their Heroic ability, follow up, since great damage or disable can be achieved with yours.