Illidan build guide
“Betrayer… In truth, it was I who was betrayed.” Fifteen years ago, with those words, Blizzard presented us with Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. This line was spoken by none other than Illidan Stormrage, one of the most popular characters from this franchise.
In Heroes of the Storm, he is more or less the same character we used to see, and his specialty is to quickly close the gap between him and the opposing hero, with securing the kill. Now, he may be a bit difficult to master, and because of that, here’s this Illidan build guide.
“Feel the hatred of ten thousand years!”
- Extremely good at chasing the opposing hero
- Remarkable in 1-on-1 duels
- Fantastic self-sustain and doesn’t have mana pool
- Sweeping through Mercenary Camps without breaking a sweat can be done by him
- Both Heroic Abilities are equally useful
- Often focused by the opponents because of the threat he represents
- Not very strong in clearing waves
- Needs a team which can support and follow his lead
- Any form of crowd control can make him extremely vulnerable
- Doesn’t shine regarding sieging
Among so many advice on how to play Illidan, here are my favorite ones.
- Since The Hunt has an enormous range, it is great for separating the opposing team and split pushing. However, always take into consideration WHERE you are going to land.
- Dive is great for closing in on the hero, since it is not a skillshot, and from there, you can continue to pursue the enemy with Sweeping Strike or use it as disengaging and escape tool.
- Evasion is another excellent tool for evading (of course!) incoming damage. This ability will also affect towers.
- Betrayer’s Thirst will reduce the cooldown of the abilities by 1 second per hit and will heal you for 30% of dealt damage. This is Illidan’s primary tool for lots of builds out there, and because of it, you should always attack something or someone.
- If it is possible, see to have heroes who will enhance Illidan. Abathur is an excellent choice for this purpose.
- Heroes such as Varian, Johanna and Uther are countering Illidan very well. If you have good team composition, leave to bruisers to lock horns with them, while you engage in the back line, hitting opposing assassins. In this case, assassins with no escape mechanism, such as Raynor or Cassia simply don’t stand a chance.