Johanna build guide
There are characters such as Thrall, Diablo or Maiev, about whom everything is known. Their history, storyline, personality. And there is Johanna. All that we know about her is that she is a Crusader and that she seeks an apprentice. And that’s enough to recognize her to be badass.
From Diablo Universe, Johanna found her way to Heroes of the Storm. Here, she is most often played as a full tank, although she can be a bruiser to some extent. Still, if you ask me, the first role is the best fitting for her. Therefore, here’s Johanna build guide, and I believe that you will enjoy.
“The crusade marches on!”Johanna, the Crusader of Zakarum
- Very sturdy and durable
- Perhaps one of the best abilities featured on tank hero to clear waves is Condemn
- Great against heroes who rely on basic attack
- Amazing self-sustain through Laws of Hope
- Besides shield, Iron Skin also makes her unstoppable, which means that you can’t be targeted by crowd control abilities
- Almost no burst damage
- Slow and doesn’t have a gap-closing ability
- Somewhat weak at the early stage of the game
- Easy to be kited
- Not so good in peeling compared to other heroes
Although Johanna’s playstyle is rather straightforward, there are still some tips on how to be more efficient.
- Use Punish for both slowing and damaging the opposing heroes. Although it has short range, it is useful as crowd control tool to some extent.
- Shield Glare might have weak damage, but it is primarily used because of its blinding effect, which can prevent enemy heroes in dealing high damage, so use it for this purpose.
- Blessed Shield has multiple purposes. You can use it when the enemy is channeling an ability, to use it as teamfight opening, or to get a bit more time to run away. However, its insanely high cooldown forces you to use it with caution.
- If you see an enemy channeling crowd control ability, hit that Iron Skin! It gives you immunity to such abilities so that you can continue uninterrupted.
- There is only but one hero who can cause you the trouble: Varian. He is a jack-of-all-trades, and his Shattering Throw will obliterate your shield, making you more vulnerable. Also, take care of the rest of the opposing team. If they are ignoring you while Iron Skin is on, it means that they know what they are doing.