Medivh build guide
I believe that you have noticed that each fantasy universe has its Gods, demons and similar characters. One of those mystic ones is Medivh. Coming from the WarCraft franchise, he acts as a scout is Heroes of the Storm. Of course, since this role doesn’t exist, let me tell you that this Medivh build guide is dedicated to a specialist.
If you played WarCraft III and its expansion, The Frozen Throne, you remember that guy who turned to crow, right? You know, he talked Thrall into leaving for Kalimdor? He also appeared in movie WarCraft, which says how important he is.
“All of my knowledge and all of my power are at your service.”Medivh, the Last Guardian
- Great set of crowd controlling abilities
- Amazing at scouting
- Goes well with melee assassins and warriors
- Adjustable style of play
- Clears waves rather easy once level 20 is reached
- Can fit a lot of team compositions
- Rather good utility
- Low damage output
- Difficult to learn
- Not to be considered as “real” support
- Portal requires exercise to be effective
So, in case that you love to fly around, Medivh will be an interesting hero for you. Still, here are some tips to get you on the right track.
- When you intend to use Arcane Rift be sure to hit at least one hero. This will cut down the cooldown by a lot.
- Raven Form is an excellent tool for spotting opposing heroes, but as Bran Stark from Game of Thrones warns, “One shouldn’t stay for too long in another body.” This is utterly true because it might happen that you won’t be close by when your team needs you.
- Force of Will is extremely useful for melee assassins like Thrall, Illidan or The Butcher. Besides shielding, it will also heal the allied hero.
- Portal has multiple purposes, depending on how you use it. It is equally suitable for initiating the fight or getting away from conflict.
- While in Raven Form, Medivh cannot be targeted by opposing heroes or buildings. Use this fact to cover as more ground as possible, and provide valuable info.
- One of the counters for Medivh is Sylvanas due to her silence and crowd control abilities. If possible, don’t go with the build which relies on Portal.