Trait: Siege Mode
Sgt. Hammer build guide
To be honest, Heroes of the Storm have some rather exciting heroes. Some of those are famous, while others represent a whole bunch of units from a specific game. This is the case with our hero for today. I give you Sgt. Hammer build guide!
Although she is listed as ranged Specialist, our Sarge works like a standard siege tank from StarCraft franchise. However, there are some differences, and to cover them, here’s the guide.
“A little violence solves everything.”Sgt. Hammer, the Siege Tank Operator
- Decent poke
- Great at clearing waves
- Rather high single target and AoE sustained damage
- Amazing PvE damage potential
- Her placement determines how useful she will be
- Highly susceptible to Assassins and crowd control
- Slow out of the combat, since there is no mount
- Specific playstyle and the rest of the team has to follow her lead
Tanks are fantastic to have, but you still have to know how to use it. Therefore, here are some tips and tricks on this matter.
- To be honest, Siege Mode is excellent; it increases range and damage, but you have to must be careful about it. While used, it makes you a sitting duck (literally) for AoE abilities (I can hear Kel’Thuzad laughing somewhere in the background).
- Thrusters is great ability due to its movement speed boost but don’t use it too much. It should be saved as a mean to escape and reposition.
- Spider Mines are your best friends. They will turn you into this once placed. However, watch where you put them since minions can trigger them too.
- Although you can’t do much to keep enemies away, Concussive Blast is excellent for this purpose. Its damage is subpar, but it will knock back enemies trying to reach your allies.
- Another useful ability is Napalm Strike. It has a ridiculously low cooldown and can be used efficiently to check bushes and if necessary, clear Zagara’s Creep Tumors.
- As I mentioned, Kel’Thuzad will wreak havoc on you, but there is one hero who will cause more trouble. Because of her stationary playstyle, Sgt. Hammer is a nice-looking target for Stitches. Once he hits you with his Hook, you can wave goodbye.