Varian build guide
King Varian Wrynn, often called Lo’Gosh or “The Ghost Wolf” was an ideal ruler. The one who eventually gave his life for the people who he swore to protect, unlike some others we know (yes Arthas, I’m looking your way).
As you know, he came to the world of Heroes of the Storm from WarCraft universe. This is definitely one of the most exciting heroes to play since because of dual personality of Varian and Lo’Gosh, he can be played as a tanky warrior or melee assassin. This Varian build guide will help you to decide which path to follow.
“Only my enemies shall know my rage… And I intend to keep that promise.”
- Strong talent skills overall
- Enigma in combat; enemy team can have difficulties to figure which role he plays
- Great basic attack damage output
- Can clear Mercenary and Boss camps on his own
- Possesses flexible playstyle
- Very useful utility talents at level 13
- Lacks wave clearing abilities
- Somewhat weak in the early phase of the game
- No abilities which can stun
- Can be difficult to master
- Escape mechanisms are poor
To master this, let’s be honest, difficult hero, I will give you advice, and those would be the following.
- If you are following Arms branch, always use Colossus Smash at the beginning of the battle. This is a useful skill which reduces the armor of the target, making it easier for you to secure a kill.
- Charge will stop at any physical obstacle. Therefore, watch for walls, gates, and towers.
- When you are uncertain on which talent to choose once you hit level 16, Banner of Ironforge is excellent; it increases the armor of the whole team, which makes all of you much tougher to kill.
- In case that the opposing team has heroes with low channeling Heroic Abilities, such as Thrall, feel free to ruin their day by hitting them with Taunt.
- Shattering throw renders heroes who are relying on shields, such as Artanis or Johanna useless.
- Valla is one the most difficult heroes to deal with while playing Varian, since she possesses high mobility, and can kite you easily. If she is on the opposing team, make sure that you don’t engage her solo. Wait for a team fight, and tell your teammates to focus her.