Xul build guide
There isn’t much introduction needed about Xul. All who played Diablo II know about him, but still, let me say that he is a member of a group called Priests of Rathma, which is just a fancy name for Necromancers. That’s what he does for a living (pun intended). This is Xul build guide, and welcome to the world of rattling bones.
Specialists in Heroes of the Storm have a specific feature which lets them stand out from the crowd. For example, Abathur has a global presence through influencing lanes and allies from afar, and our buddy Xul is a fantastic pusher and healing neutralizer.
“Come now. Death has been here all along.”
Xul, the Cryptic Necromancer
- An amazing wave clearer
- Outstanding solo laner
- Both Heroic abilities are equally good
- Bone Armor increases sustainability
- Mortal Wound counters healing on opposing heroes
- Quite high learning curve
- Doesn’t impress concerning burst damage
- Vulnerable to crowd control
- Needs to position well
As I said, Xul takes time to get used to. To help you, here are some tips on how to be more efficient.
- Since Xul possesses strong pushing potential, forget about standard “stick-to-one-lane” approach. He must rotate lanes all the time, so communicate with your team to achieve this.
- Remember that you don’t feature any particularly good escaping ability. Therefore, you should enter the fight only after warriors initiate the fight.
- Skeletal mages are great for disabling of the opposing backline heroes.
- Those assassin heroes who rely on healing as a form of self-sustain, such as Illidan or Thrall can have trouble when playing against Xul. His Mortal Wound takes away their endurance in a fight which renders them far more vulnerable than they are used to. Also, he can counter Varian to some extent during the early stage of the game.
- If it is possible, don’t pick Xul on two-lane maps, except Braxis Holdout. This map needs a lot of wave clearing, and that is Xul’s field of work.
- Heroes with strong wave clearing potential via AoE damage represent the most significant threat to Xul. Gul’dan and Kael’thas are such examples, and even Dehaka can cause you problems due to its good clearing abilities.