Crush Alcatraz with Six Tips for Black Ops 4’s New Blackout Map
The iconic prison island of Alcatraz is your next destination in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode. The intense map pits 40 players against each other. That means the action kicks in faster and more furiously than the original, sprawling Blackout map. Make the most of your time on the Rock with a few critical tips.
- If you’re lucky enough to find a sensor dart, pay close attention to the color of enemy pings. A smaller, dark red ping means that an enemy is either above or below you. With the verticality of Alcatraz, this can be key information for survival.
- Zombies fans will notice that Wall Buys can be found throughout Alcatraz. You’ll be even happier to know that the Wall Buys in Alcatraz are free of charge, aside from the battle to get there. These will provide a rotation of guaranteed weapons throughout the course of the match, so keep an eye out for their blue glow.
- The Outlander and Brawler Perks can be very useful on the island. You’ll often be forced outside of the collapse or end up right next to an enemy, and these Perks may just be your saving grace.
- The close quarters gameplay of Alcatraz lends itself to certain pieces of Equipment, Weapons, and Perks well-suited for tighter spaces. We suggest the Cluster grenade for clearing out rooms, the Cordite submachine gun for its mobility and high-capacity magazine, and Skulker or Dead Silence for moving quickly and silently among the living and the dead.
- If you find yourself warping through a portal in the later collapses, keep your head on a swivel. Redeploy heights will be gradually reduced throughout the match to keep you closer to the fight. Consider late drops to be very hot.
- For the final collapse, get towards the center point as early as you can. Battling in as the collapse closes will pit you against two types of enemies: other enemy teams and high circle damage.
Have some words of wisdom for other soldiers deploying onto the shattered remains of America’s infamous prison? Share them in the comments below.
New to Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode and want to give it a try? A limited-time Blackout Free Access period is running now through April 30, 2019. PS Plus required.